Happy New Year, Dear Friends!!
2016 was a good year for the our family. Shane and I celebrated our 15th Anniversary, and got away alone not once, but TWICE in one year…which we haven’t done since we got the kiddos. And it was amazing.
We successfully potty-trained a toddler.
All three kiddos got back into therapy with a wonderful Christian counselor and many difficult issues have been improved or altogether reversed.
Both boys went back to Dallas Public Schools and KILLED it in their respective jog-a-thons. They also were big winners with their Scout Pinewood Derby.
Pickle and I got to see the Broadway musical, “Newsies”.
Our family got to see Crater Lake in August (four of the five of us for the first time) and got to spend Thanksgiving in Grants Pass with dear friends.
Shane was hired as a permanent employee with the State of Oregon in December after nearly two years of hard work and a lot of waiting on the Lord.
I completed a very challenging and inspiring 7-week devotional written by my 8th Grade teacher, Jane Poole, called, “Ancient Wisdom.” It was written with entrepreneurial women in mind, who often find themselves in a chapter of life where they are home, but still have a calling to write or create. I strongly encourage you to try this lovely devotional. You won’t be the same. Visit Jane’s site here.
AND, I finished reading the Bible through for the first time since I was a teenager. (And I’ll be honest…I did it to say I did it back then and did it to get to know my Jesus better this time.)
God is so very good to us.
I’ve been reflecting on a sermon Shane preached a few years back for New Years. It made such an impression on me when he preached it that I came home and made a family manifesto for us. I printed it out and placed it in several prominent places in our home. It is still all around our house, but we’ve tuned it out over the years. It’s become part of our walls. I felt like maybe it was a good time to revisit it. And I thought you might enjoy seeing it, too.
Our Family Priorities
We will put God first in our…
- Plans and time spent
This means that we will…
- spend quality time in God’s Word daily. We will listen to God.
- spend alone time with God every day in prayer. We will talk to God.
- strive to know and take advantage of God’s promises. We will memorize Scripture!
- make assembling with the Saints a top priority. If given the choice between going to church or doing another activity, we will choose to be in our places at church.
- make our home a welcoming place for others. We will be inviting, hospitable and look for ways for make others feel the love of Jesus in our home and family.
- use our resources for the furtherance of the Gospel. We will give to God of our firstfruits. We will make sacrifices to bless others. We will be good stewards of our God-given resources.
- recognize that we have bought the truth…and we won’t sell it for anything! We are “…not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth…” (Romans 1:16)
My prayer is that we will have a very Happy 2017. However, if I had to pick, I’d choose to have a Holy 2017. Praying you have both!
Blessings and much love,